The Clockhouse Inn is a 16th Century thatched free house nestling amongst the many thatched and picturesque houses in the attractive village of Chideock, West Dorset. Chideock is on the ancient coaching route from Exeter to London, now the A35.
The ‘Clock’ is a traditional village pub with warm, welcoming fires, above which are the many cups, shields and trophies won by the large number of darts, skittles and table skittles teams who play for the pub.
Since purchasing ‘The Clock’ in February 2002 extensive refurbishments have been carried out including a dedicated restaurant area, improved bar dining facilities and an extensive games area which is available for skittles matches, championship darts, table football, table tennis and children’s darts. This area is available, free of charge, for private functions subject to availability.
Please feel free to admire our collection of clocks or select a book from our charity bookshelves.
We trust that you enjoy our hospitality and hope to see you again soon.
Michael and Helen Long, Eric and Barbara Arnold
And all of the Clockhouse Team
- Family friendly village inn
- Friendly staff
- Cosy atmosphere with comfortable lounge
- Tempting range of bar snacks
- Restaurant serving food at lunchtimes and evenings
- Games room with skittles alley, bar football, darts and table tennis
- Well behaved dogs welcome in the bar
- Fully decorated January 2014
- Large car park and patio area at rear of the pub